Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, May 22, 2015

SHOTGUN BRIDE

SHOTGUN BRIDE

SHOTGUN
SHOTGUN
SHOTGUN

...and you know,

When I call SHOTGUN
........... SHOTGUN
............SHOTGUN
...then you know I GOT ONE
GOT ONE!
GOT ONE!
When I call
SHOTGUN!
SHOTGUN
SHOTGUN,
...then you know I GOT ONE!
GOT ONE.
GOT ONE,

...as she slips down
that ladder-rope
that I chucked up
to catch on sill,
she's cleaned out all
her chest of hope
she's bringing all the trouble
and the shells she's saved
she milled 'em all herself of her own free will

....SHOTGUN!
...SHOTGUN!!
..SHOTGUN!!!
And you know I GOT ONE
GOT ONE!
GOT ONE, when I call
SHOTGUN!
SHOTGUN!!
SHOTGUN!!!,

...then I really GOT ONE.

GOT ONE, and she bought the ammo,
I got the rod - and I don't intend to spare no one.
One barrel two barrel plus the stock -
in too-close quarters I'm ready to run
upside your head I'm the jack of clubs
a rock hard hickory buffed to gloss
she's at the wheel - she's the duchess of stunts
I'm in the death seat, aiming for boss

....SHOTGUN!
...SHOTGUN!!
..SHOTGUN!!!
And you know I GOT ONE
GOT ONE!
GOT ONE, when I call
SHOTGUN!
SHOTGUN!!
SHOTGUN!!!,

I snuck in fast
right through the fence
raising all alarms plus electrical bills
her old man's just over the hill
she got the wheel, she daisy dukes
just an all-pro hazard in a muscle car
it ain't no Lee, just a Patton tank
her man's at the hole, trying to call all cars

he shoulda known better than that
he taught her how to act
taught her how to shoot, but I will
he shoulda known better than that
she got the trigger in hand
it’s wrapped around a ring
hold still

I just aim.
And she calls shots
Like fish in a barrel like a deer in lights
bird shot buck shot double pump ought
to change your brain
let go your mind
you’re welcome at the church if you come on time
to give her away ‘cause old man she’s mine!

....SHOTGUN!
...SHOTGUN!!
..SHOTGUN!!!
And you know I GOT ONE
GOT ONE!
GOT ONE, when I call
SHOTGUN!
SHOTGUN!!
SHOTGUN!!!,

When I call SHOTGUN
........... SHOTGUN
............SHOTGUN
...then you know I GOT ONE
GOT ONE!
GOT ONE!
When I call
SHOTGUN!
SHOTGUN
SHOTGUN,
...then you know I GOT ONE!

No comments: