Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sh! Miscellaneous Confessions

It's not hard for me to admit I'm not perfect. But it is damn hard coming up with any real good examples.

Still. I'll try:

I tend to push further than I would actually go.

I'm not sure what love is, and I don't mind not knowing.

It feels good to tell the truth, but I worry that's the only reason I do it.

I love people purely on the basis of looks. Not theirs - mine! Best if you don't ask how that works. It's a little complicated.

Okay, I made that last one up. Sorry. I love people for reasons pretty much unknown to me. Except that I'm always very convinced they are richly deserving of it.

I get more joy out of life than other people more deserving than I. I don't feel guilty about that, though.

My conscience used to push me around. Now I push it around. I'm still kind of a wuss though.

In my dreams I often have superpowers. Nobody is ever impressed by them.

When I get a moment of rage, I sometimes purge it via a nearly instantaneous yet ludicrously elaborate revenge fantasy directed at that person. And then I'm fine! Happy as a plum.

Don't ask me what I think. I'm biased.

I can't shake the feeling that I'm wrong about something.

These are starting to remind me of MMPI questions. You folks ever seen the MMPI? That test is great! Comedy gold!! It's one of my absolute favorite weird things in the world.

Ok. I seem to have gone off track.

I don't mind if I have.

No comments: