Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Hope Your Life Is Awesome

I hope your life is awesome. Seriously! I hope it is. Are you married?

I hope your marriage is awesome.

Did you skip breakfast today? I hope you didn't - it's the most important meal, of every day that you have it. If you skip breakfast, lunch by default becomes your breakfast - and that can be an angry adjustment for lunch to make! So don't skip breakfast. Oh, you didn't skip breakfast? Good! How was it? Was it awesome?

I hope it was.

Seen any good movies lately? Read any good books? How about...any awesome ones? I sure hope so. Nothing quite like that feeling of walking out of an awesome movie or closing the book on an awesome read! Except, are you like me? Finishing the best (i.e. most awesome) books, don't you feel a little sad? Sad it's over? Because it feels like it could just keep on going and going, when it's a book! Which, in the case of an awesome book...would be awesome. You've got to admit, it would be pretty awesome. But that "story's-over" regret is less common with a movie, I find. Perhaps because in addition to the sweet triumph of witnessing filmmaking at its highest orders - a truly all-time-awesome film, it feels like "humanity did it," we all are ennobled - but in addition to that, you're also kind of glad to be back on your feet, your ass has gone numb.

Anyway, in those ways and in all sorts of other ways, as you go about your life I'd sure like to think you might occasionally stop and imagine me there, with a hearty positive hand gesture (such as "thumbs up," "A-OK!" or "Peace") and perhaps (if such would be welcome) a wink. The kind of wink that says "Atta boy!" or "Atta girl!" I'd love to think that you might think of me in that sort of encouraging way. Because I don't know, that's just how I'd like to be thought of.

So anyway, you go do what you have to go do now, and please just know that as you go do that, I'll be here.

Wishing you awesome in general.

3 comments:

Lunarchick said...

I am going to think of you today in this second interview. When things get tough I'll picture you thumb up, big smile, and saying "Atta Girl!" Yup that WILL be awesome!

PS - I skipped breakfast because nerves and food are not a good combo. But in order to not upset lunch I will eat a late breakfast when I get home.

Elliott said...

I am so with you on the disappointment that lingers after finishing a really good book. It almost feels like you've been betrayed by the author, pulling you in to their world and then abruptly stopping.

And yes, I've had breakfast, so that doesn't explain my overdramatic reaction above.

Sorry.

Unknown said...

My life is good...I'm not sure I'd call it awesome, but it's pretty darn good...same with my marriage.

I did eat breakfast this morning; always do.

I, too, hate finishing a really good book--I'm always wishing the story would continue. The last book I read was The Time Traveler; the last movie I saw at the theate was The Proposal. I enjoyed both.


I I certainly can picture you here giving me a thumbs up and a wink! Right back at ya'!