Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, November 12, 2009

please

please

Darling, baby, let's go away.
Let's travel the world, let's stand
wordlessly together
in front of the most beautiful place
on earth,
and then the next most beautiful,
right straight down the list.
I want to sit in planes,
as you look down at clouds
I want to squeeze your hand
and jump from train to train, squeeze
into sleeping compartments, with you,
we fit like a pair of gloves
and at every destination, places
we've never been, that we will take
in with our breath, and our eyes
and I will stand by your side and that
is the source of the love
of my life. Just to see the wonder play
across the most beautiful face.
Yes, darling, that sure is
- something to see!

If I'm standing next to you,
I'm not looking at the view.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked that, a lot! Especially the last 2 lines! Well done.

dogimo said...

Thanks Eva! At the risk of Hallmark calling me up, sometimes I like to just make a plain case with my heart in hand.