Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, November 17, 2023

TOUGH TOPICS #3: Heteronormative Threesome Etiquette: the Basics

Well, like, aren't you afraid to accidentally send yourself sexual vibes, though? So you just don't want other men to think you're gay?

I'm not afraid to send myself sexual vibes. In fact, all heterosexual men who do their part must be at least part gay, because (SPOILER warning, GROSS): that's a man's hand, baby. When they're, you know, manually throttling their "joy stick," trust me: no amount of manicure and nail polish is going to gussy up and gloss that one over. IS IT.

Anyway, that's my take - as always, I speak very raw and completely at ease with it. I'm actually fine with anybody else thinking I'm gay, too, although it doesn't happen so much these days (the beard?). But I always took it as a complement when a dude would hit on me! It was a nice surprise, and generally, most of those guys seemed to have pretty good taste. So I felt like I'd been A-rated by a reputable critic. How can THAT be bad?

BUT STILL. I hate when somebody - male, female - thinks I've been signaling interest in them and was doing it in an indirect hinty way. Because people totally do that to each other all the time! And it's legitimate, even if I myself have no handle on the technique of hinting. I don't like to mess with people, or make their hopes fall, even if I recognize that it's totally not my fault if it was all a process of reading-into-perceived-hints. It's happened a time or two, and TRUST ME: I try to make a conscious effort to be direct. 

So that if the question arises, clarity comes quick.

A. None of that really pertains super-strongly to threesomes, but a threesome is a very ratched-up (and from my standpoint, wretched-in-prospect) scenario for a question to arise in! In a two-dudes threesome, I can see in that situation, maybe the guy might be like "Hey, long as we're all here let's do THIS! THIS! THIS!," and next thing you know I'm probably ruining the mood with my damn omnideterminist comfort level. Comfort and joy level, really.

But I feel like if you're going to go into a situation like that, GET OUT. Not interested! The last thing you want is a spoiler in there, right? Yet I know myself pretty well, and certain propositions or maneuvers are going to make me sarcastic.

I just like things to be open, honest, fun if possible (DEPENDS), and more-than-borderline monogamaniacal, so I would try to avoid setups that I know probably-to-definitely ain't my flavor of any thang no-way, no-how. I like to tag along on stuff, but not literally, and certainly not if I'm pretty sure I'll ruin it for others. You know?

But still. All the specific stuff you could point out, definitely: stick it in comments. We'll see if I can humor or tolerate it, and nobody's going to mind either way!

That's my ironbound comfort-and-joy go-by. 
_______________________

This edition of the Tough Topics #3 was originally a different number, and came up someplace else. 

I have no idea. I found it in drafts, tightened it up, cut a ton of fluff and viola. Another edition of The Tough Topics. Click the label if you have any doubts on that score! 

Q. Why are violas so small?

A. They're not. It's just that violinists have enormous heads. 

No comments: