Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Gala Half-Mooniversary Cancelled

I had been planning a gala celebration in observance of the half-mooniversary of this blog - set to go off this coming Saturday July 29th - but unfortunately this has been called off. Due to circumstances not especially foreseen by me, I will be attending Los Angeles on that day, and on several of the days surrounding. I assure you it has nothing whatsoever to do with my screenplay. In fact, I'm not even bringing my screenplay. Those bastards wouldn't know what to do with my screenplay even if I did bring it to them, to show it to them. They'd probably want that crazy guy to do a do-over on it, just because it vaguely rips off his established themes. I mean, "riffs off". I swear, if one more person tells me that my screenplay is a go picture if I can only get Paul Giamatti in the role of Paul, I'm going to shit an ape. I mean a live ape. I keep telling people, no. Paul Giamatti is not what this character is about! A young Paul Giamatti, maybe. Before he was so settled into that expected mode of his (which he does so well and which I certainly am not knocking - I was going to call it his 'Giamattitude' and I deliberately didn't, so as not to sound dismissive). I mean, certainly, we're talking schlub - but we're talking a young, cocky schlub with magnetism to burn. Only he keeps it on the inside. Maybe a schlubbier, shorter young Jeremy Piven with worse posture is what we're after here. Or an American Tom Hollander, but I mean thoroughly American - not some actual Tom Hollander faking an accent. This character is unique to the Eastern seaboard, I need someone of a certain time and place who can convey that.

But like I said, it's not about the screenplay anyway.

No comments: