Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Great Themes of Our Times

So, I'm trying to think of a theme for my blog, because...it seems like it would help to bring the whole thing into focus.

I think that with the advent, prime, and inevitable decline of postmodernist thought and scholarship - with its dismissive stance toward the very possibility of any valid knowledge, objective truth, or moral absolute - it would be appropriate to use this blog to examine some of the fundamental techniques and assumptions of the postmodernist movement; perhaps even to come to some conclusion as to whether any of what postmodernism had to offer still retains any force or vitality - or indeed, utility - whatsoever.

But more than that, I plan to use this blog to crusade against the run-on sentence.

The third theme of this blog is the nature and purpose of embellishment in a putatively autobiographical medium. To better explore this implied dichotomy, all incidents and persons described in the blog are fictional, excluding the author (except as noted otherwise, or as they do correspond to actual persons and incidents, or where the author fails to correspond to an actual person or incident). Also, any "favorite" movies and music listed in the profile are more "into lately" than "all-time."

As time goes on and these themes become more fully developed, the interplay between them should bear interesting fruit. I invite you, the reader, to journey with me on this path, as I plumb the depths of humanity's soul by making shit up off the top of my head.

---

2 comments:

blue said...

I think you're onto something here! Something that makes me rather jealous, in fact. I'm sure you've got a blog here that will transform the way people write in blogs and get everyone all atwitter.
At the very least, I'll be reading it. :)

dogimo said...

I'm extremely complimented but I think you might be pulling my leg just a tad. :-)