Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sprite of '76

So here's what I found out. If you put a quarter in the Coke machine in the break area and then hit "change return", it pops out a different quarter! Which means, hypothetically, anybody who was collecting bicentennial quarters for his dad could just wait 'til nobody was around, and keep feeding through quarters until he scored a sweet bi-cen-tenn!

The moral dilemma is that if the machine can't/doesn't route the inbound quarters to the change slot...then you'd just be filling up the collection bin, and emptying out the change-making bin. Meaning that the next poor thirsty soul who comes along with a dollar bill is not going to be able to quench that thirst with an icy beverage. He'll get stuck with the angry "USE CORRECT CHANGE" light. I've felt that pain. I can't deprive that poor thirsty soul of the life-giving sustenance that an ice cold Co'Cola can provide.

I've got to go find me a Pepsi machine.

No comments: