Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, August 11, 2006

There's Something About Me You Need to Know

There's something about me you need to know, because I don't want this to become a problem later on. It's not a problem now, and I don't want it to be, but it's something that I've been aware of and dealt with all my life, and you really deserve, you really really need to know this about me. Considering how things are, it would be unfair of me to withhold this knowledge from you.

I want to make it clear that this is something that I've got under control. I am not just saying that: it's a fact. I have been living with it every day. I don't want you to back away and say, "this changes the whole thing, this isn't something I'm comfortable with anymore." If that's your honest reaction, then so be it! But first, I want you to know that despite my own personal issues, I have never once let this impact or interfere with or otherwise harm anyone other than myself, and even there - it's only affected me emotionally. As bad as that may have been, it has never, NEVER crossed that line - and I would never let it. Please believe me on that.

I just want you to think of me how you always have. I just want you to understand. I'm not trying to lay a trip on you or scare you off. It's the exact opposite: I am trying to let you in. I feel like you've gotten a sense of who I really am, and I don't want to hold out on you on anything. That's the ONLY reason that I am telling you this, and I just hope that you take it the right way, because this is a huge risk for me to put myself out there like that.

I hope you can look past the surface, and see this for what it really is...see me for who I really am, like you always have. I hope you can understand. But please be honest with me, and don't hold back in your response! No matter what happens, I am glad I had a chance to tell you this.

The next move is yours.

4 comments:

Magna said...

So, just what is it about giraffes that you find so irresistible?

Cassie said...

I'm so glad you felt comfortable enough with me to share this. It makes me feel all warm inside.

blue said...

I'm the same way.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.