Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, August 28, 2006

We Should All Have Personal Air Marshals.

I think we should all have personal Air Marshals. I believe that the Personal Air Marshal System, will enhance the security of consumers of Democracy everywhere. I think it's a system that we should look at. I think it's a system we should need. But let's not kid ourselves. This much-needed system is not going to be looked at the way it needs to - unless there is real, bilateral, grass-roots support on both sides of the fence. This is not a proposal that can afford to get bogged up in petty politics.

To those of you who would question the benefits of such a program, I would ask of you: Have you considered the drawbacks? Personal Air Marshals. The boon that that would put on our economy alone, would more than be enough to offset the corresponding drains that are inevitable, with any such program.

Some might call this proposed system a radical new program in our Nation's arsenal of positive weapons. To these mongers of ambiguity I say: speak more plain! There's nothing radical about a proposal whose time has come. To those of you to whom I owe favors, I say: the time has come. Support this initiative, or those precious favors of yours will never be called in. Bold words, I know. But bold words call for bold times. The time for hidden meanings and couched language has passed us by. At this point, I am laying it all on the line: I think we should all have Personal Air Marshals.

I hope you will support my humble initiative. I hope that you will stand with me, among the just and righteous, on the Day of Judgment.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

"plainly"

dogimo said...

C'mon! That would defeat the whole statement from within.

Of course I concede that you are correct on the fine points and legalities. But sometimes, perfect grammar can hamstring an otherwise-stinging bit of rhetoric.

Cassie said...

But not this time.

dogimo said...

Sure it can. Look how bold it is. "Speak more plain!" Clipped, single-syllables calling for, nay, demanding a higher level of plainness.