Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Why AC/DC Does, In Fact, Rule

You know what, though? If you don't know this already...there's really no point me trying to explain it to you. It's like, why is a joke funny? Because it isn't at that point. Next thing you know, you get somebody trying to beat me in an argument about "who is better?" Sorry! Not interested.

I can't imagine a more fruitless endeavor than that.

You just can't compare, it's like trying to compare an apple to an orange! It simply can't be done. An apple's surface is just too smooth and shiny compared to the relatively dimpled texture of the orange. And on the inside, the apple's flesh is white, crunchy, solid with a fine if slightly grainy texture. The orange, on the other hand, is a mass of pulpy juice-laden vesicles divided into sections. So as you can see, it's completely impossible to compare the two! Only a fool would try it.

I consider AC/DC to be the first true "Alternative" band, but it's only a gut feeling. I have nothing to back that up with really. Still...think about it. You know? Yeah...! Kinda...? You have to admit, they did it better and first in a lot of ways.

The same goes for the Pet Shop Boys, really. Except for the "Alternative" part, of course. Although coincidentally...good album. Good double album!

I heard AC/DC might be coming out with a double album. They really need to not.

4 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

I remember when High Voltage came out. Admittedly, I had no concept of the band as a band at that early stage. But I would go around: "'CAUSE I'M T.N.T.!! I'm dyn-o-MITE!!"

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

I don't even think I was even in school yet. I just could already tell GREAT MUSIC!!