Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A Few More Notes About The Blog: Originality

Another thing is that, up to this point, all of the blog entries have pretty much been composed originally for the blog. But I think I've established the tone to the point where I can branch out a little, maybe include some more classic material occasionally. A rant that I originally tossed off in an e-mail. An old diary entry - something from the old "acoustic blog"! Something from an old post of mine on a message board somewhere, picked up, dusted-off and fleshed out a little.

(I never actually kept a diary. That was just an example.)

I won't add a disclaimer to any of the old stuff. I'll toss it in there just as if I just came up with it. But if any of you catch the reference, feel free to call me on it in a comment! "Hey, loser! Run out of material? You posted this on the Brunching Shuttlecocks discussion board 3 years ago!" But be sure you can substantiate that claim. Because I never was on that discussion board. So I think we both know who is telling lies!

7 comments:

blue said...

Didn't we discuss this "republishing of old material," and didn't we decide it was a copout?! Or maybe that was just me. Maybe I have higher standards for myself. :P

You're just getting dry with the ideas. But that's no excuse! Resort to bad television and ice cream reviews if you must. As long as you stay true to no rehashing.

Aw, hell, rehash, I guess. But know that I know you're recycling, not coming up with a bunch of shiny new topics. And I find it shameful!

dogimo said...

Hey. You're supposed to wait to call me on it until I actually do it!!

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

Smarting from the rehashing tongue-lashing.

blue said...

>Hey. You're supposed to wait to call me on it until I actually do it!!
Luckily for me, you already have! :P
See my comment on your "die doing" entry.
;)

dogimo said...

No, I did that after. You jumped the gun on this one, sister.

blue said...

If you did it after, how does it precede and why is it dated the day before?

dogimo said...

I see your point, but what I meant was, you should have call me on it there rather than here. You weren't jumping the gun there.

I'm not saying that's a particularly meaningful thing to mean...I'm just saying that's what I meant.

But now I don't even know what I mean.

Magna said...

Consider yourself thrashed in advance, for the republishing I'm pretty sure you're going to be doing at some point.

[thrash]

And don't you pretend I didn't do it, either!

[thrashing again, for good measure]