Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Belated Preview Reviews #2: The Departed

I'm not too crazy about the title they picked, but I most definitely want to see this one. The commercial came on TV a week or two ago, and let me tell you...all these gritty personas blazing across the screen, clearly acting their asses off...Leo DiCaprio, Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon...I just sat there agape, saying "why didn't I hear about this before?"

Then I said out loud in front of witnesses, "All this film needs is Marky Mark and I am THERE!!!!" Naturally five seconds later, right at the end of the commercial, who do they bring in...! "...and Mark Wahlberg...!"

So I have to go see it now. I always wanted to see Matt Damon and Marky Mark square off in a real high-intensity mega-acting showdown. So I could see if I can tell them apart then.

No, I'm being serious! I want to see this film. I'll let you know what I think of it.

8 comments:

Magna said...

Anyone gonna be wearing a cape in this one?

[adolescent snickering]

dogimo said...

I'll let you know once I see it. I don't think it's that kind of party. Scorcese doesn't seem like the type.

dogimo said...

Oh, and by the way: GOOOOD.

dogimo said...

Meaning, it was good. Damn good. Great, maybe.

We'll see how it holds up when weighed in the balance against posterity.

dogimo said...

(VERY goooood.)

dogimo said...

This was Scorcese's best film.

dogimo said...

...that I saw, anyway!

dogimo said...

(in the theater)