Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, October 06, 2006

Ham Hock Pot Pie!

How come there's no ham pot pie? I mean, commercially available in a store near me. I'm sure somebody out there can clue me in to their regionally secret Auntie Obscure's Ham Pot Pie, available at their local La Grocerie Deluxe for only $11.99 per one-serving pie (and a bargain at twice the price). "Thanks." But what I really want is, what I really want to know is, why isn't there widely-available ham pie?

How about a ham hock pot pie! How great would that taste? Mmm. The smoky flavor of the ham hock in a slow-stewed gravy with savory beans, peas, carrot and potato? ARE YOU KIDDING ME, it would be delicious!

You see plenty of chicken pot pie, beef pot pie, turkey pot pie, even weird variants like chicken mushroom or cheesy chicken pot pie. Where's the other pink meat? I'm a ham man, damn it!

I admit, a nice prawn pot pie, fat prawns and complementary vegetables in a white gravy with some of those little pearl onions in, that might be deliciously pull-offable. But screw that - the priority here is squarely on the ham. Bring it on! Bring on the ham hock pot pie!

I think that perhaps I shouldn't "blog hungry."

1 comment:

Magna said...

>I'm a ham man, damn it!

This sounds vaguely like a tongue-twister, palindrome, or anagram.