Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, October 27, 2006

Movies Where "I Love That Movie"

I think most of us have a pretty well-developed sense of where, "oh, I really LOVE that movie!" - even though we know it might not necessarily be a really critically-refined situation. I think that's something that most of us can define on instinct alone. What I'm talking about though, is something very different: bean dip recipes. I've learned about a lot of ways, and I think that the best way to approach any bean dip recipe is symbolically.

Paddle a rowboat across a pond. Wait 'til you reach the other side, and then decide: what kind of bean dip suits this occasion?

Maybe there's a dragonfly in your way. Can your boat keep up with his darting course? Can the lap, lap of your paddle counterpoint the singing of his wings' voice? Can a bean dip reflect those twinned iridescent rainbows as they shimmer and sing? Don't be surprised if the answer is: "Maybe!"

There are many types of bean dips that one might choose. But the thing lies not in choosing a bean dip, nor in eating a bean dip - but in making a bean dip. That's where the truth of action comes in.

Pert beans. Creamy base. The lilt of a passing expression across your face. A decision made, in seconds split by passing shadows of sparrows flying out-of-formation, off-kilter arrows, flying off-target, flying off.

And that's how you make it perfectly. Serve and enjoy! Feeds zero.

No comments: