Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

An Open Letter To Personal Attention Junkie Fans of Famous Creative Types

I apologize for the strident tone, bordering on cruelty in a few spots, of my previous post. But you really need to wake up. Call yourself a fan? Then get your priorities straight! The rest of us who really really want to hear that next album - because they care more about the artist's art than you do - don't want to hear you whining about which artists aren't kind to the fans. Piss off, the artist who slaves on the work is the one who is kind to the fans!

You should go get a freaking pen pal or something. Quit bothering important people with your emotional over-attachment issues.

Apologetically,

A Realer Fan Than You Are

1 comment:

Magna said...

OK, point taken. I vow to stop bothering David Hasselhoff, John Tesh, and Yanni with my fan mail.