Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, October 05, 2006

What's My Name? Pt.2

I forgot the whole point of the post! Obviously, there's no real reason to go by a full-on assumed name in here. I'm pretty comfortable that none of my fine readers would necessarily have any reason to...you know...find out where I live, and...come stalking me. Besides, I'm pretty up front about the fact that I am the proud holder of an infinity-degree puce belt in a martial art I invented myself! Only a fool would have the bad sense to mess with that.

So I'm pretty confident as far as that goes. But all the same, I'm not comfortable using my last name here, because it just seems too exposed. As ambivalent as I am about my first name, I actually love my last name. But I don't want people googling me and thrilling to the antics of that other guy with my same name who seems to be racking up DWIs in Ohio. That's not me. I don't want to be tainted with that. Plus, anyone seeing that would think that I lied about my age.

Bottom line: so as to avoid that awkward "Joe XXXXXXXX" business in that FWD e-mail a few posts back, for the sake of the blog, I am going to refer to myself and my last name as "Joe Sevigny" in any instances where it would be natural within the post to refer to myself by my full name.

I'm sure there may be another Joe Sevigny out there, or something similar, but needless to say I'm not that guy. I don't care what he did - I'm not him. And I've never even been to Ohio. Not in years. And only for a couple hours, even then!

That's so you know.

2 comments:

blue said...

Sevigny? Yuck. The only thing that will happen with that last name is people will mispronounce it and/or ask if you are related to Chloe Sevigny, whose name they will also mispronounce.

I want to post a link; I hope it's not offensive. I was going to post a jokey one, but I found a rather interesting one instead. Not too related, but tangentially. You can always edit it out if you think it's inappropriate. NC-17 discussion in the link, folks! But only discussion, nothing else. (And do not be frightened by the name, it is only coincidence in this case!)
http://www.2blowhards.com/archives/000706.html

dogimo said...

Hm. You might have a point. That could well spell confusion. Because, for Joe Sevigny, the correct pronounciation is "JOE-ee sah-VINJ-ee." Kind of like Brett Favre. Maybe I should dump the Sevigny angle and go with Joe Favre instead. And I could even spell it right. Farve.

"blowhards"...har har! That was pretty funny. I'd have called it more PG-13 than NC-17 though, unless I missed something juicy! But nice setup, though.