Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Hitler Mustache

Right. Anyone who's ever read this blog before is no stranger to my bizarre obsession with Hitler. The constant flow of Hitler-themed posts is no less than borderline disturbing. But screw that - it's not my obsession, it's the culture that's obsessed! I'm just an innocent bystander, or if you will, by-participator, in that obsession. Now let's talk about facial hair.

Do you think that if Hitler had only worn a goatee instead of that little upper-lip soul patch, we would have been spared that entire look? That whole, so-called, "goatee craze"? I mean, come on! Goatees. It's been like, ten years now, people! Shave that thing off. The only person who ever looked decently awesome in a goatee was Rosey Grier.

I bet Hitler could have pulled it off, though.

8 comments:

blue said...

What did the removed comment say????
I wish I could make an overeager smiley.

Anyway, where are you that you're still experiencing goatees? Or do you mean sorta sculpted beards? I haven't seen goatees since 1998 at the latest.

Soul patches may be lurking occasionally. They remain as idiotic as they've always been. "I'm hiding a postage stamp sized thatch of fur beneath my lip! Guess its purpose!" Too bad Hitler didn't spoil those.

dogimo said...

It was just another one of those fake-people with some con about blogging for dollars (as described in my post "Disillusionment Sets In"!).

There are still pleine de goatees in Santa Cruz, alas.

blue said...

I thought it might be something akin to what someone once said to me about something else that would be rather related to this but also rather UNrelated and very inappropriate.

dogimo said...

Okay. Now I want to know.

Unless...wait. I think I know.

GOODNESS! I would not have expected that of you young lady!

blue said...

But I didn't say it! He was inquiring! I was not involved, except as the person being asked!

dogimo said...

Well, now you're going to have to tell me the answer.

blue said...

The answer was "shut the f up!" or something. Okay, okay, most likely it was an embarrassed flush and an angry glare combined with a cold walk-away. If I was more peppery, cinematic, and possibly in a '60s romantic comedy that had suddenly gone raunchier than usual, it would have involved slapping.

That's as much as I have to say about it.

dogimo said...

Well played.

~little fingertip claps~