Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

semi-hiatus

Not really anything formal. I've just been getting slammed at work. There are all these other emotional entanglements as well. I'm stuck doing two jobs at once, and the extra job is because of a person leaving the company who was, really...the last person I would have wanted to see leave! We worked very closely together, and she was just...great. You know?

It's to the point where for me, it feels as if that personal angle overshadows all of the purely pain-in-the-ass work concerns. Even though I know that the workload is the part that has me crushed and struggling through the days, and coming in weekends, it isn't hitting me as hard.

So the upshot is, work is work. Which sucks for me, because I'm not used to that. For a long while there, as hard as I worked and as much as I got done, it wasn't work. It was something I looked forward to, something to get me up in the morning.

I guess the old Cinderella song is true: you don't know what you got. 'Til it's gauooaunnnnnn.

Anyway. Great working with you! Good luck in all your future endeavors.

No comments: