Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Screw You, Popup Poll!

OK. So I'm on-line on my lunch break, and this popup poll comes up - I forget what site I was on. But I felt kindly disposed to help them out on their little poll, so I clicked "Yes" and the questions started coming:

1. Are you the decision maker/influencer for media buying?
Yes
No

Well, I had to think about that for a minute. I do do a certain amount of buying of media. You know. Around the house. Magazines. The free entertainment weekly - I bring that in. I like to think of myself as a decision maker, with a certain amount of influence. But when you put it all together, "decision maker/influencer for media buying" sounds a little grandiose. It sounds like I think I'm the behind-the-scenes power on a level with multinational conglomerates. I didn't think that the description really fit me, or how I feel about myself. So I clicked "No," and up popped:

Thank you so much for your time

- and the poll window disappeared! HEY! What are the other questions?! What would I have gotten to see if I had been the decision maker/influencer for media buying? Can't I change my mind? I'm influential! I make decisions! My job title is "Senior Buyer"!!

I thought there'd be more questions! I bet the rest of the questions are of a highly exclusive and privileged nature, and now I've forever missed my chance to participate.

2. Do you control the world's supply of oil?
Yes
No

3. Are you cornering the market on fissionable materials?
Yes
No

4. Does a significant portion of the global intelligence community report to you?
Yes
No

No comments: