Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, April 09, 2007

THE WAR BETWEEN THE STATES pt2: Jersey vs. North Dakota

I was driving home, and I assure you: I was minding my own business. When all of a sudden there was a car in front of me with North Dakota License Plates. And I said to myself, "I don't think I've ever seen a North Dakota License Plate! What a nice-looking...! Wait a second..."

Cue sudden surge of implacable fury.

Along the bottom edge of the plate, where Pennsy used to put "The Keystone State," and NY used to put "The Empire State," and where NJ still does put "The Garden State," this North Dakota mother fucker had had the temerity to put: "THE PEACE GARDEN STATE."

What!? The!?!!!!!!???? WHO DARES!!!!!

There is only one Garden State my friend, and it is Jersey. Who are these scurrilous somnamabitches who think they can cop our motto? I don't care if I am technically expat, living our here in Cali; I don't care if North Dakota and Jersey don't share a border (which complicates things a bit) - this means war. We are going to wipe that motto right off of their stinking plates. We are going to show those potato-growing-or-whatever-they're-known-for mofos who the REAL Garden State REALLY is!!

What the hell even IS a "Peace Garden"? COME ON!!!

No comments: