Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The GMO Controversy

I was at the gas station, and I went into the little store to get my change, and there sitting next to the register was a large, attractive wicker basket filled with fake straw. It definitely wasn't real straw. It was the color of straw, but it was more like a cross between straw and paper shreddings.

Anyway, sitting in the fake straw were four or five shiny apples. Shiny, red, with yellow flecks. There was a sign on the basket handle that said Chiquita.

Weird stuff going on in this world, gentlemen and ladies. I am not one of those people who is afraid of change for its own sake, but somewhere there's a line, and we better find it so we can go draw it in a little darker. I mean, I've heard a lot about this whole supposed "GMO" controversy, but how in the world can it even be possible to grow apples from banana trees?

It may be time to get a coalition going again. Things need looking into.

No comments: