Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, May 21, 2007

Imitators Welcome! But No Duplicators.

Lately it seems as though my inimitable style is being ripped off left and right. For instance. I was the first person to refer to Feng Shui as "Voodoo Ergonomics." I was doing that back when they first came out with Feng Shui back in the early 90s. Since then, it's like everybody else has tried to horn in on that. But I'm the originator.

That's just so you know. And now they have people out there, saying that same saying that I said - saying it all witty as if they coined that shit themselves. But I know better! 'Cause that was me. And that same situation plays itself out in many different ways, with other sayings of mine like "he hemmed when he should've hawed," or "le shit" (as in the phrase, "she thinks she's le shit!").

I know I should take it as a compliment. And maybe I do, in a sense. But I take it as a very insulting compliment, personally! Because if people wanted to give credit, or to ask for permission, at least I would have the opportunity to tell them where to stick it. When they just pretend that it was them who said it, it leaves me standing there holding the proverbial bag - and it's empty. Call that a compliment?

'Cause I don't!

No comments: