Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New Direction No. 3

First off, why is or why did "Number" used to be abbreviated as "No."? There isn't even an "o" in the word!

That's asinine. Okay, I'm not going to go into the bit about whether I did or didn't take a shower any more. That's an irrelevant issue that just ends up giving people who would be inclined to establish patterns or draw inferences, to try to put me in some kind of a box based on that...it just gives morons like that more ammunition for the grist mill. I can't stand these fatuous bases for putting people in various boxes even though they smell great and their hair already looks fantastic.

So let's just gloss over that part, what else. I had a turkey sandwich, on wheat I think. It was okay. Gulden's mustard this time. Oh yeah! Yesterday I didn't put it: salami with cheddar (isn't that kind of a weird combination?).

I'm not a real big salami fan. That was the only sandwich she had left. A lot of salads, but not enough sammies. I'm talking about the "Lunch Lady" as we call her (in fact, as she announces herself) - part of a roving cadre of catering servicers who rove through the local business community dispensing their own brand of lunchy justice. For a fee, of course...always for a fee.

Apart from that, same ol' same applies:

* Too many meetings in the mornings
* Kicking ass all afternoons
* Several various amusing incidents sprinkled incidentally throughout (you kind of had to be there)

You know, just a general day-style day. As I like to say, "that's just how I do it!"

No comments: