Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Put your hands together for MC Surrealer and his Juxta Posse

As my beats flat-out flatten whole sections of manhattan! People run screaming from my terrorist rapping! I'm worser than anthrax, my raps make good tracks go bad - and you knew that it would happen from my utterly perverted skillz on the mic / like Fatty Arbuckle col' molestin' a tyke, I strike fear into the innocent with just one hand / I types fifty words a minute
and they all said:
"DAMN"

That was the worst rap verse I could come up with on immediate notice.

You know what though, that's just dumb. What's the point at that point? Who even cares! It's just, whatever, it isn't even pushing an envelope at that point, it's more like licking a stamp and phoning it in, like a telemarketer to a disinterested party, like a rap practitioner who came up on the short at the end of the metaphor. Like freestyling in a jail cell - not a contradiction in terms, perhaps, but a pretty unpoetic irony nonetheless.

I prefer to get my lyrics on a more elevated plane. Why don't you join me there! We can be conscious together, reach an elevation from which meaningless things coalesce into patterns that appear to make sense, as the rhyme climbs higher the clouds get dense but then WOOO you break through! The sunlight kinda dazzles your eyes but it's a high that you can never quite realize / you see the goal so clearly but the distance deceives, you spend your life just stretching forward but you've never believed / if you could close your hands upon it then you'd see for youself but...but...

Ahhhh, what's the use. The first one was better.

No comments: