Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, July 19, 2007

So I Saw 300

Yeah, I saw 300. I say it's a Great movie. Capital G. For "Greek," possibly.

I have to caution that there were some family-unfriendly elements, specifically, sex-type elements. Some sort-of perverted-type sequences, with lurid eroticism.

There was also a lot of violence, but that of course is family-friendly. Families love to thrill to battle scenes with excessive disembowelments, decapitations. Et cetera. Ultimately, I would say that the amount of family-friendly violence roughly cancelled out the amount of family-unfriendly nudity and sexual situations, so that the film overall was family-neutral.

Great film. I commend it and I recommend it.

2 comments:

blue said...

Are any of the perversions of the sort where the person wants to be eaten, in entirety? That seems very warlike and Spartan. I don't really know how this sort of fantasy could possibly be played out (without death), or how it's a sexual thing, but apparently for some people it is. In that movie it looks like they could actually carry out the whole thing.

dogimo said...

No, none like that. I agree that the fierceness of the Spartans makes it not-out-of-the-question - certainly, some of them expressed the desire to be "consumed" utterly by death in glorious battle - but I doubt it would take a sexual turn in that case.

I never understood how anything that happens to your body after death could be sexual from your standpoint. Ca-RAZ-y!!!

Yet some seem to hanker for such things.