Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, August 27, 2007

I Am Indisposed.

Whatever happened to telling people that you're "indisposed"? Seems like people used to pull that one all the time, and it always worked. You could get out of anything with that! A person would come to the door, the other person opens the door - "Can I see Karen, please?" "Sorry, she's indisposed." "Okay, I'll call again another time."

No questions asked!

That's going to be my new favorite excuse. Somebody at the door selling magazines? I can't see you right now. I'm indisposed. Or an annoying phone call from a bill collector. "Is this Joe Viaiai?" Yes, it is, but I'm sorry I can't talk to you right now.

I'm indisposed.

No comments: