Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Is Lindsay Lohan's Career "In The Shitter"?

It could well possibly be. In the shitter. Lindsay Lohan's career, that is.

A lot of articles in major publications are being written right now, by a lot of writers who have taken that exact thesis as their premise, and arguably, with some basis. But of these writers, most are being paid for what they write, which raises an interesting question: what's my excuse?

Call it a troubling symptom of the times.

We're praying for you, Lindsay.

2 comments:

blue said...

I think I predicted this in the place we met. I believe I was saying how amzing her teeth were, that they made me insecure, but that I wouldn't have to be worrying about it for long.

Unfortunate, because I thought she was quite cute in The Parent Trap.

I recently apologized to a friend who I'd once said reminded me of Lindsay Lohan. I'd said it was when we first started hanging out together. At the time, she didn't know who she was, and neither did most of the world. It was in between The Parent Trap and Freaky Friday---soon after Life-Size, I believe. I didn't predict it would turn out to be quite the insult it has. The funny thing was that she remembered I'd said it, but didn't feel like it was the same person I'd compared her to. I guess it really isn't.

dogimo said...

I can't help thinking that in a little while, she'll come back all sober and serious and "rededicated," and the same pundits who are now saying she's washed up will be making a big deal about trumpeting her comeback.

I don't know. Stuff like that seems inevitable. Gossipmakers have a certain stake in keeping their favorites viable, even if the celebrity in question hasn't exactly done much to warrant it.

But I thought Mean Girls was alright. Didn't see The Parent Trap, but hey - now that you mention it, whatever happened to her sister??

Kidding.