Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, August 31, 2007

My Labels

I always keep 'em sorted alphabetically, but it's kind of interesting to see the distribution when you sort them the other way:

31 instances: fiction
27: blogging
20: work
17: love
16: rock, thoughts
14: songs
13: controversy, critiques
12: artistic integrity, food, language
11: God, media, sex
10: holidays, movies
9: nostalgia, violence
8: afterlife, me, poetry, proposals, science, truth
7: fight, loss, safety, wrongness
6: cars, concerts, death, humor, medicine, propaganda, sayings, the law, traffic
5: NFL, activism, apology, huh, profanity, recipes, sexuality, sports, tips
4: Catholicism, Satan, bicycling, common courtesy, existentialism, global warming, hate, hegemony, history, lunch, paranoia, philosophy, prayer, youth
3: Christmas, Coke, McDonalds, New Jersey, OKGO, Silversun Pickups, Snow Patrol, Valentine, alcohol, beauty, computers, contests, ecology, espionage, funerals, illness, interview, nudity, originality, patriotism, politics, previews, race, rapping, restaurants, secrets, spam, war

Kind of surprising to see nostalgia tied with violence way up at #9! And why so many posts about blogging? That must have been my whole "New Direction" phase. Ah well. If it'd panned out, it could have worked. I suspect that the high number of work posts stems from that same phase. It won't last. love will o'ertake it in the standings, as befits the truth of who I really am.

The labels with 2 posts or 1 post to their name are too many to list, but there are some surprising ones in there that I'd have thought would have ranked higher. My Toyota Tercel for instance. I'm sure I've mentioned that bad boy more than twice. That's my sweet ride! Or Christianity. Two posts. Catholicism gets four and Christianity gets only two? People could be getting the wrong idea about me.

Writing only gets two? Coca-Cola gets one?! I know that can't be right. It's the pause that refreshes, for gosh sakes.

Some of these, it's just a case of missing a trick or two labelling the post's content accurately. Because, I know that there's more posts about Coke than that. Wait a minute..."Coke"! Ah yes. There are more posts, but they're labelled Coke instead of Coca-Cola! Well, I'll need to fix that, and a couple other instances where the label's true value is under-represented. But there are also a number of 1's on topics of great importance and strong personal interest to me. I'm going to have to make an effort to single out some of these topics and write some more in-depth posts, giving the subject the treatment it deserves. For heavens sake, there's only one post on relationships and one on marriage, yet a combined 16 posts on sex and sexuality!

Again, people might get the wrong idea.

Oh great. Now this has to go down as another post about blogging.

No comments: