Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, September 21, 2007

Cow's Milk

I love cow's milk. I think from now on, though, I'm going to call it "cow's milk." That does honor to the cow.

I don't know the cow. I never met the cow. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to honor the cow! I may have eaten the cow. I suppose that's possible.

I don't like to think of it like that. It feels like the idea of having eaten a cow whose milk one has previously enjoyed violates some sort of unspoken taboo. Like cannibalism, or incest. Only not on that level of course! But a sort of minor entrant in that vague general category.

Ah, you guys know what I mean. I like goat's milk, too! Only, turn that stuff into cheese, first.

No comments: