Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, October 01, 2007

Do People Say "Janked"?

And if they do...what do they mean by that? Do they mean the same thing I mean by it when I say "janked"? And if so, what?

Let me give you an example. I may say, off-hand, "oh, you didn't hear about what happened to him? He got janked." And in this usage, it's clearly kind of an off-hand situation. The context governs. I don't necessarily have to spell it out, or necessarily know what it means. Because it's clear from context! It's clear that he got JANKED.

So that's not what I'm asking. What I'm asking is, do others employ it the same way? And if not, how do they get the same idea across, when somebody got janked?

There's just no other way that I know how to say it.

No comments: