Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Problem With Aftershave Is...

The problem with aftershave is, you can't un put it on.

I never use aftershave, because I hardly if ever shave (just trim), so I tend to forget the technique. For my own future reference, and the present reference of any of you currently in the process of applying aftershave:

DON'T.

No I'm just kidding. What you don't do, though, is jab the bottle at your hand for a couple dashes' worth, then slap your hands together rubbingly, then slap your hands on your face rubbingly. It's too much!

I forget what it is you do do, because I haven't done it in so long. But I seem to recall it's a bit like this: take the bottle and hold your face sideways, covering the bottle opening with your cheek completely so it forms a tight seal. Then tip your whole head up, letting a dot's worth of splash get on your cheek. Then repeat with the other cheek, put the bottle down and quickly run hot water into your waiting hands, splashing and rubbing your whole face so that your dot's worth on each cheek gets blended evenly.

It seems like it didn't used to be as elaborate as all that. Whatever, I will try it that way next time, and see what happens.

It sure is weird to be all beardless and smooth! I'd forgotten how lushly gorgeous my full, soft lips are. Not that my lips are obscured by my beard in any way. It's just a different effect, when framed by my clean-shaven face. Look at that chin! Hm. A little on the weak side, maybe? It'll do I guess.

I really like this aftershave! It was a gift. A sweet gift.

2 comments:

Sean Scully said...

I prefer to simply fill a bowl with high-proof alcohol, say 100 proof bourbon or even a nice 151 proof rum, and plunge my face straight in after shaving. Not only does it prevent razor rash, it gives you that lovely straight-from-the-distillery aroma first thing in the morning. But be sure to close your eyes before attempting this.

dogimo said...

Dude, I tried this, but when I added everything up after it is WAY too expensive!