Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sorry, Officer!

"One-time" pulled you over? Got caught out by "Sneaky"? "Po-Po the Clown" chased you down? Did you smell the bacon cooking too late? Need a quick excuse that will help you wriggle out of the grasp? The following are actual explanations offered by actual drivers to actual peace officers who had pulled them over, in entirely fictitious situations that never happened:

"Sorry officer - I was busy looking all over for cops and I missed seeing the light change."

"Sorry officer, but this thing's a beast. I can't f***in' hold her back!"

"I was only doing 70 because there's no way to gauge the speed limit on this road. You need to post up some signs."

"Sorry, officer, my night vision's terrible. I never would have cut you off if I knew you were a cop."

"It wasn't me, another guy just blew by me in the same car! Right before you pulled me over! You can probably still catch him!"

"Sorry officer, I was only going so fast because I was trying to catch the real criminals."

Use of the above excuses may be prohibited in some areas, or by common sense.

No comments: