Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, September 28, 2007

This Kooky-Looking Junk Is the Root of So-Called All Evil?

I feel like I've railed against this before, but every time I see it it's like a fresh insult: the NEW MONEY.

America used to have the coolest, most laid-back and dignified currency on the planet. Greenbacks. Gray fronts. Serious-looking. But now our money looks almost as goofy and stupid as all the cartoon cash from other countries that we've been making fun of for years! It's an insult, foisted on us by our own...people...who were...put in place...to...do things for us...in a trusted capacity. I'm not really sure which people. Congress probably. But whoever did it, whoever is in charge of messing up our cash, they have betrayed that trust!

The phrase "serious money" has been forever ruined. As in "How'd you like a chance to make some serious money?"

No American will ever again have that chance.

Every time I look in my wallet and see that I'm about to pay for something with one of those crazy new bills, I feel like I have to apologize or ask permission. "Do you take Disco Dollars?"

It sickens me. It sickens me to the heart.

No comments: