Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Blogs of Worthiness, Pt.1: Seanibus

When I first started this blog, I didn't realize something. But since then, I've noticed it. And it's got me thinking. I've been looking at blogs of others, recently, and it seems like it's a pretty widespread, ingrained tradition for people to use their blogs to point to other peoples' blogs. I mean, I was aware of that as a possibility! The technology is straightforward enough. But something in me was semi-deeply uncomfortable with actually doing it. It smacked of toadying sycophancy, somehow.

Not for other people to do it! I'm not judging others, just, you know, for me personally. I hold myself to an abnormal standard. When it comes to a lot of things.

But anyway, now that I realize that pretty much "everybody does it," and "it's no big deal," I have no longer any objection to it at all, whatsoever! I'm completely comfortable doing it.

So! Let's kick it all off with a guy who I love to call "Seanibus." He's mostly a voice of calm cool reason, but he can also be a man of deep, inscrutable emotion whose advocacy of powerful stances thrills with a slightly dangerous edge that people find provocative yet hard to describe without resorting to embarrassing superlatives. Here's a post that demonstrates his keen insights, critical acumen, and outstanding good taste:

[a href="http://seanibus.blogspot.com/postID=211a11BaZ11a]"@#~#_FAILED HREF_*

4 comments:

Sean Scully said...

Some day, we will all be famous. There will be no audience, only performers watching one another admiringly across the stage. Wouldn't that be cool?

dogimo said...

I don't know, I don't like stages really.

dogimo said...

Wait a second - isn't it already kind of like that?

dogimo said...

I mean, what's that thing where he says, he's all...

"Strut and fret your finest hours upon these boards, ye poor players! For the footlights are but brief candles, beyond which, hidden by their cheerful glare, who shall say what dream-shaped horrors lurk?"

Who the hell was it that said that? But anyway, you get the point.