Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Has Anyone Tried...?

Has anyone ever tried - wait, first, let me say that my epicurean curiosity leads me always afield on a quest for new tastes, new flavor combinations. Sometimes it leads me into blind alleyways, oftimes it launches me out over unlooked-for taste vistas. Occasionally it will slam me against a brick wall of savory unexpectedness and steal my wallet of skepticism. Leaving me, I suppose, out of skepticism. Wait - "bereft of skepticism"! Ah! Nice touch. Good one.

So, has anyone ever tried a big, crunchy halved dill pickle, spread with tart sweet pickle relish? I bet you haven't! The brands may make a deal of difference to the equation, so let me disclose: I used Clausen dill halves and Del Monte sweet pickle relish. Have you tried that combo? Has anyone tried that? A big ol' cleanly-sliced half-a-dill, spread with a fat dollop of mmm! tart julienned gherkins! Have you tried that?

If you haven't - boy, oh boy! - don't! It sucks.

A real disappointment.

Hard to believe, I know. It seemed like such a "theme-ingredient" move.

2 comments:

jul said...

Thanks for the tip...you have saved at least one soul with your compassion and selflessness.

dogimo said...

COOL! I never did that before, I don't think. Saved a soul!

Way I look at it, if I can save one person from making the same mistake I ever made, then that's worth making that same mistake.

As many times as it takes. I have to set an example.