Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I Love God

And By God, I mean, the Deity.

I love God, and why wouldn't I? God is Love. God is gracious. God is kind. God smoothes false hopes over, and makes room for the new! God makes steps that you wouldn't otherwise take seem like a good move. That's all by virtue of God's love!

Some might say, "No! What about stuff? Some stuff is bad. And God made stuff - all kinds of stuff. Therefore...Ergo!"

I don't mind standing here before you and saying that I find all such lines of reasoning suspect...IN THE EXTREME.

But I could be biased. After all, I love God.

But then again, who doesn't? Seriously? Does anybody not love God? True. Some people say they don't love God. But really, I think if they're honest with themselves, the real story is they just don't believe in God. Because what kind of a MORON believes in God, and DOES NOT LOVE GOD? Seriously! Is that a sound position?

I never understood Satanists. I mean, these guys, theoretically, they go in for all the Judeo-Christian whammy-bazzer; they believe in God, and they believe in the Devil, and all that that entails, but...GET THIS...they say, "oh yeah. We're for the one who got his ass kicked."

Maybe they're like, Bills fans or something.

No comments: