Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Open Dream Journal #6: Presidential Honors

I was sitting on the couch (in the dream) and President Bush was on tv, at the podium making a press conference. It turned out to be in honor of our cat! The golden curtains parted behind him, and the camera angle sort of swooped in and up, and there was a gigantic close-up picture of Frank! Not a video display, either. This was some kind of monumental portraiture of Frank, looking as regal and dignified and loyal as ever.

The President was of few words on the topic, but he said what he had to say with a dignified and serious tone that conveyed great import. Fixing the camera with a warm but solemn gaze he said simply:

"He's a cat."

"His name is Frank."

"And he gives his all."

"That's Big Booga."

I was looking all over for my girlfriend - she would have loved to see this! But I don't know where she was in the dream. When I woke up, I told her all about it. She didn't like Bush any better as a result, but she had to admit that if it had happened for real...it would have scored a few points.

No comments: