Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Leftover Food Review Part Deux

For dinner tonight, I had...leftovers. I had reheated World-Famous BBQ Beans from Cole's BBQ, which I think bills itself as "World-Famous." If not, I don't know why not.

I also had a thin slice of hearty lasagna. I don't think there was meat in it, but it was sure hearty.

The star of the plate was a fat wedge of quiche. This quiche had paprika on it (or rather, baked right into the top), it had mushrooms, it had sun-dried tomato, and the crust of this quiche was just so flaky and perfect it was almost poignant. There was a little spinach in there, adding just an accent of spinachness - not like, tons of it! Such as is to be had in your Quiche Lorraine, for instance. Or is that Quiche Lorraine...? Maybe not, maybe that's some other quiche. One with more spinach in it.

Some of you may have heard of the so-called saying that "real men don't eat quiche." Well, that saying needs to shut the fuck up. Need I point out the simple fact that quiche was invented in France? That's right. And anybody who wants to claim that the French don't eat quiche is quite free to make an ass out of themselves in the process! Because je am very sorry, but ils ne sont pas play that. They eat quiche WHENEVER and HOWEVER they want to over there. Check out Amelie if you're doubting the veracity of that claim. There's a kind of diner/coffee shop/bar in there, and at one point...I'm pretty sure somebody orders the quiche.

So anyway, that was my dinner, it was great, and I had some beers with it that just put the top on the whole caper.

Nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

geode, you crack me up. It's like you're talking to yourself while mildly drunk in here sometimes.
Quiche Lorraine is the bacon one. I don't know a fancy frenchie name for spinach quiche.

dogimo said...

>It's like you're talking to yourself while mildly drunk in here sometimes.

If you mean that the effect of reading me is like you talking to yourself mildly drunk, then I am highly complimented! Thank you!

If you mean that the effect is similar to listening to a mildly drunk guy talking to himself, I will have to think about that to tease out the compliment a bit. But I thank you in advance!

I think if I said "quiche florentine" people would know what I meant, but it ain't exactly kosher though.

Ah, Blue.