Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Now There's New Cinnstead

For a long time there was just the pink packet. But over the past decade, the options for artificial sugar substitute lovers have grown and grown. Now, your restaurant table's brown plastic sugar bin blooms with a whole pastel rainbow of packets pink, yellow and blue! To say nothing of white and brown.

But if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, why does sugar get all the love? What about all the cinnamon aficionados out there, forced to make do with the real thing in the absence of any widely-available artificial substitute? Well, fret no longer, cinnamon-lovers! Those days are over. Now you have a choice.

Now there's new Cinnstead™.

In the orange packet.

2 comments:

Edana said...

The mere concept of this is appalling. FAKE CINNAMON? Awful.

Then again...FAKE SUGAR? Gross. IMITATION vanilla extract?

Okay. I guess I'm just pretty set on my food being real. But, cinnamon...that's my favorite. The idea of fake cinnamon hit a little close to home.

dogimo said...

I quite agree!

I have a bit of a perverse fascination with appalling concepts. I do quite a little sideline in those. Products and services that it would be almost impossible to imagine anyone developing, offering for sale, or wanting to buy.

I would just love to put this on tv as an ad!