Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Oh yes. I'm a published writer!

You want to know exactly how many letters I've written to the letters page of a national publication?

One. Exactly one. On a lark!

And you want to know exactly how many of those letters have been published?

You guessed it: ALL OF THEM.

That's because of my gift. I have a gift. For writing.

I can't tell you what publication it was, because they put my real name on there. Also, they completely disemboweled it in the editing. Still, even with the drastic and unnecessary cuts, I have to admit I have a point. I can see why they picked me, over the hordes of undeserving others.

Gotta admit, it feels good!

2 comments:

Sean Scully said...

But which paper. Produce the goods, Geode. I yearn to read your publishing debut...

dogimo said...

Naw, man. It's not a paper. No way near that classy. It's one of those glossy entertainment weeklies.

And they did totally butcher it. It's like, two sentences, and they didn't even leave the two sentences alone!