Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Theological Bent

Once again I can't help but notice that the blog has taken a decidedly theological bent recently. That's always a threat to happen with this guy, wrapped up as I am in the glory of the grace of God. It's a preoccupation of mine.

Anyway, I was kind of saddened the other day because I was talking on the phone with a very dear casual acquaintance of mine, and we wandered into the whole God bit, conversationally, and were talking about Jesus, and I said something that just kind of...it's hard to describe.

I had a moment.

My mind went limpid for a minute, and I reeled off in only about three to six sentences what the whole idea of Jesus meant to me - right there, in a very spontaneous and immediate way. And there was this silence on the line, and then she told me she'd never thought of it like that. She even seemed just a teensy bit floored by it, in a good way, and she thanked me. Then we kind of discussed it in a bit more depth, and perhaps (I may have been imagining this) almost excitedly. Almost. Just a tinge. Needless to say, the whole thing was a pretty sweet hit to the ego for me!

But now, later, trying to remember exactly what it was that I did say...of course I can't even SLIGHTLY RECALL how I framed it! IDIOT!!! I mean, yeah, of course I know the whole bloated scope of the concept; it's all still in there, congealed in the thick and layered pudding of my mind. I've probably disgorged whole fat aspects of it right here on the blog, only I've buried the real point in such a corpulently verbose overflow of otiose verbiage that any impact it might have had was sucked under.

And now, I can't for the life of me remember how I distilled it. In that clear moment. Into just its brief essence. It's lost now, part of a moment that was shared and then passed. Which is very cool, though! Still very cool. But I'd have loved to be able to remember how I put it! Just for my own sake, that's all.

I guess that's all a part of the mystery, now.

No comments: