Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, January 18, 2008

True Story. But What's it Mean?

So, true story. Today I'm at the lunch truck, grabbing a quick bite, when I hear this loud motor, up in the sky, the sound getting closer. I look up, and it's a helicopter. One of those old jobs. Big round body with a long straight tail sticking out the back, chugging along very slowly, low in the sky. Sounded like the motor might be missing a rubber band or two, but going steady nonetheless. So I say to the guy, the cook, inside the truck - he's an Asian guy - "that looks like one OLD 'copter!" And he points up towards it (I don't know how well he can see it, from inside the truck, but he can hear the noise sure enough) and says with few words, a great many hand gestures, and a broad smile on his face: "That thing" (pointing) "1975" - "Vietnam" (then gestures wildly with his hands) "POW! POW! POW! POW! POW!" - "HAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

Well, I laughed too, but I'm not sure I got the joke. Then he handed me my chicken bacon sandwich.

Delicious.

No comments: