Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Got My Mach 5!

Yeah, I forgot to tell you guys this. I picked up a copy of "Speed Racer" volume 4! Not for the episodes. Naw, I might have done that if this collection had "Car Acrobatic Team" on it. Remember that one? The Car Acrobatic Team comes out of nowhere winning races with impossible death-defying stunts, flying over chasms etc etc, nobody can figure out how they do it - until Pops rigs a spy camera underneath one of their jumps and the photo reveals the truth! Little tiny wings. Little wings sticking out of the transmission, in the undercarriage of each car. Teeny tiny little wings.

"So that's how...!"

Let's hope those are retractable wings that only deploy during jumps! Lord, you'd go flying off the road otherwise! Anybody knows anything shaped like a wing, no matter how small, has unlimited lift-generation capacity. Just look at Submariner's ankles!

Anyway, I didn't get the DVD for the episodes, no. I got it for the car: a little matchbox-sized Mach 5.

Aw yeah. I have wanted one of these for years. The Mach 5 has just the sweetest-looking car body ever designed. I wish someone would put it into production, as a full-sized road-ready automobile.

I'd get a green one. Customized with tiny wings* in the undercarriage.

No comments: