Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tough Topic Semi-Apologia

I'm not much of a fire and brimstone guy, so I apologize if some might be taken aback by the apparent combativeness of the previous post. But it's such a very serious issue, isn't it? Seems like the single worst wedge driven between Christians in this day and age. And I'm sorry, but it makes me mad. Because the truth of Christ's example has always been self-evident, and the implications of that example...well, they follow as a natural consequence!

I did try to lighten it up a little in the middle, with that joke about the rib. But joke or not, it was a true story though! When I was a kid, that's what I thought. I thought that just as the story explained why snakes go on their bellies and eat dirt, and why women have to bring forth their children in pain...it seemed like a natural conclusion to me. The story also explained why men have one less rib!

I forget which teacher first tried to tell me otherwise, but there was a little confrontation there when that happened.

No comments: