Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spaghetti Night!

I love spaghetti for dinner! Tonight, that's what I'm having. I used to love Spaghetti Night when I was a kid. I asked my girlfriend did her family have Spaghetti Night when she was a kid, but she said "no!"

I couldn't believe it!

Then I said, "your mom never made spaghetti?" Or her dad, I should have added - since he was quite handy kitchenwise. But she replied: "Of course, but we didn't call it 'Spaghetti Night.' We weren't all BACKWARD!"

I said to myself, that's so mean I have to blog about it. That was mean of her to say. From now on this blog is to complain about my girlfriend. That'll get her in here reading it!

I remember when I was a kid, I always pictured up in heaven that God would be eating spaghetti all the time. That would be like, all God would want to eat. It's just so good!

Wait, I lied about that. I never pictured that, as a kid. I was just retroactively projecting a metaphor onto how highly I regarded both God and Spaghetti, at the time that I might hypothetically have mused such a thing. Which I very well might have. I used to muse such things.

I was very precocious at that age.

Less so now.

I seem to have lost my precociousness, over the years.

3 comments:

jul said...

As I always say, I was so smart as a child, potty trained, walking and speaking sentences at 9 months, thant's what my mom says. I still do all 3 things but notice considerably less amazement from other people...apparently precocious is something...we must now be cocious.

dogimo said...

I think I'm postcocious.

dogimo said...

You know what, I think I was wrong in that post. I think I did used to picture God eating nothing but spaghetti in heaven. I have a very clear recovered memory of it now.