Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, March 21, 2008

Hey-Hey, I'm Only Kidding!

Actually, it depends on the post you were reading. If you were offended by it, then I was only kidding. If it was funny, then I wasn't.

Keep that in mind as a general guideline - bearing in mind that the polarity on that flips indiscriminately from time to time. Even on the same post, sometimes. A lot of time it's like a song you may have written, where it was originally supposed to be a joke but then later, oh man...it's TOO TRUE. How true it is! Too true. Then you find can't play it live anymore, because you cry like a sissy.

Nobody wants to see that, by the way. Very gauche. You can't be a songwriter, be up there crying over your own song. That's like a comedian laughing at his own jokes!

Which, admittedly, they do do that. Comedians. A lot of 'em seem pretty jovial up there, laughing at their own jokes and stuff. Fostering a sort of joviality of sorts. I guess they think they're working the crowd, but really it just shows me they're not serious about the craft.

No comments: