Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Watching What I Wish For

I wish I had a magic bean, and I could plant it, and water it, and a magic vine would grow out of the ground and climb up toward the sky about seven feet tall and then stop, and at the top of the vine there would be a magic wand, and I would have to climb up the vine to pluck the magic wand from its grasp, but then I would have a magic wand.

I would have a magic wand, and it wouldn't be one of those crappy Harry Potter magic wands where you have to go to school for years just to learn how to use it. No, it would be the good kind - where you just wave it and make stuff disappear!

Problems and stuff.

You know what, I don't wish that - that's too complicated. I just wish that I won the lottery.

Except after I won the lottery, I would eventually learn the lesson that all that ungodly amount of money would not necessarily buy me happiness. I would want that to happen, I would want to learn that lesson, because that subtly reinforces my feeling about such things. I still want the money of course! But then all those people who always say "yeah, well, money doesn't solve everything you know - money can't buy happiness," I'd be able to nod my head with a solemn sigh and reply, "how true that is." And then the other people, the ones who say "that's bullshit, only somebody who has plenty of money can say that!" - to those people I would say, "YA DAMN RIGHT!!! YEE HAW I'M RICH!!!!!"

Then I would quietly bear my hidden miseries away, to be grieved over perhaps, in a darkened room.

Man. How sweet would that be!

No comments: