Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, April 07, 2008

Reincarnation? Oh God Please No

I loooooathe the very idea of reincarnation. It just skeeves me out. What have these past-life fuckers to do with me? I am not them. I never was them. I am nothing to do with them. In what sense can I be said to have ever been them?

We share nothing. No commonality. Neither mind, nor body, nor memory - nothing that one could call the self. So they lived and died and disappeared, and then supposedly their "life force" re-entered the world the instant my egg got spermed - not their mind, mind you! Not their memory, not their self, nothing that could rightly be called a soul - just their "life force." Which in this context appears to be some sort of spiritual electricity that animates one's being.

So again, how exactly does that make them ME? It doesn't! In what sense do they belong to me? How does that make them my "past life"? Especially since a lot of the time these New Age crapheads say crap like "...their essence returns to the Light, and then comes forth again..." Well, so it's not even theirs! It's just the same crap from the same source that everybody uses, and there's nothing of you or me in it whatsoever! All it does is get your being going - there is absolutely no sense in which the light WAS them, or the light IS me - the light is just the juice that moves us. The only link between me and any supposed past life is that we were both plugged into the same socket. So what? We're entirely different appliances! I might as well unplug my toaster, plug in my Gibson SG, and then huddle together with them both, hugging them and saying "you are soul children now!"

Jesus.

I hate these past life fuckers. I had nothing to do with them. I did not control their actions! Why should I have to pay their consequences? Karma can kiss my ass! These past-lifers have no right to influence the way I was born, or the form I've taken, or the events that befall my life. It's injustice of the worst sort!

I mean, they must have been so bad. God, I wish there was some way I could make them pay for this! But no, I am punished - for their misdeeds and bad attitudes, I am the one who pays now.

Burn in HELL, past lives!

No comments: