Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thoughts Upon Watching Rent: the Movie Version

* Is this not basically Fame without the high school?

* All the struggling young New York artists I used to hang out with lived in these awful little apartments that looked as if someone ten years prior had applied twenty coats of off-white paint to a rotting closet.

* There always was something sexy about a santa claus coat on somebody pretending to be a girl.

* It's kind of cool that it's mostly songs! Not a lot of dialogue. Unusual for a musical.

* You know what I'd like to see more of in these supposed "rock operas"? Recitative.

* "You'll be my queen and I'll be your moat"?

To be fair, I was just kind of wandering into and out of the room occasionally while it was on. I probably would have had a lot more thoughts if I'd soaked in it.

No comments: